Job Title: Utilities Engineer
Location: Bradley, Illinois
Industry: Food & Beverage; Pharmaceutical & Biotech
- Works closely with the Utility Systems Lead, plant utilities personnel and engineering consultants to properly size utility systems and equipment to support assigned projects
- Responsible for the development of system specifications and user requirements to support proper design, procurement and installation of systems. Assures that new system designs are in accordance with relevant industry and site standards.
- Creation of bid packages for Motive Power system equipment, including but not limited to answering requests for information, prepare of requisitions and supports Purchasing through the procurement process.
- Initiates and oversees the integration of new systems into existing site infrastructure to minimize downtime and assure efficient overall system operations. Generates formal risk assessments, as necessary, to support key project decisions.
- Responsible for monitoring construction to assure that installation is as designed and that all tag and instrumentation identification is in accordance with industry standards.
- Coordinates assigned project tasks with several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through employee selection, training and mentoring while focusing on operational efficiency and the elimination of “non-value added” activities.
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the company Values: Customer Focus, Innovation, Integrity, Collaboration, and Superior Performance.
- Complies with requirements from Safety Program, including Health and Safety mandates and OSHA requirements.
- Completes any other duties/responsibilities assigned by senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. In lieu of an Engineering Degree experience in the industrial utilities with extensive project management experience may be considered.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with utility systems. Must have a strong understanding of facility utility systems.
- A minimum of 5 years executing projects from conception through qualification in technical areas for industrial operations – (preferably in the pharmaceutical, food or chemical industry)
- Demonstrates a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrates a high degree of organizational skills. Ability to supervise people is a plus.
We are in the people business; treating people right is our ONLY priority. Theoris Services consultants are full-time employees with full benefits, including:
- Robust Health Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- PTO accrual
- Paid holidays
- Excellent cash-based referral program
Our goal is to Fuel Your Career! As a Theoris team member, you join a culture based on people-centered values and an environment that fosters both personal and professional growth. We build long-term relationships with our clients and our consultants. With over 30 years of building strong relationships in the industry, we’re uniquely positioned to make the right connections. This knowledge is used to find the right job placement. Our recruiting teams are experts dedicated to the information technology and engineering staffing space and are highly respec The Head of Engineering will ensure the operation, maintenance, and utilities for all equipment, and utility systems used to support manufacturing operations.